YOUNG HARROW FOUNDATION’S PURPOSE
Our aim at Young Harrow Foundation is to assist and support the ‘not for profit’ organisations within Harrow so that every child and young person in our borough can have a greater opportunity to fulfil their potential.
Young Harrow Foundation will champion children and young people in Harrow and the charities and organisations that support them.
We achieve this by:
- advertising and marketing YHF effectively so that charitable organisations that meet the criteria for membership join our organisation.
- encouraging the smaller charitable organisations within Harrow to work cooperatively and by assisting with the sharing of good practice.
- offering training, advice, networking opportunities and a ‘venue bank’ to our partners and associates.
- engaging with local businesses and forging partnerships where this is both appropriate and beneficial.
- seeking and preparing bids for grants from large organisations that would not be receptive to advances from smaller organisations.
- undertaking all reasonable steps to ensure the proper and effective use and distribution of our funds.
- distributing grants fairly and transparently.
- adopting robust procedures for monitoring the effectiveness of our funding to our member organisations.
- liaising closely with and having regular meetings with our fellow organisations Young Barnet Foundation and Young Brent Foundation at CEO and Board levels.
- employing highly motivated staff with relevant experience and qualifications and with a real desire to achieve positive outcomes. Enabling the betterment of our staff through personal career development plans.
- putting safeguarding at the heart of what we do so that we can effectively promote the welfare of children and young people.
- ensuring that we are responsive to the needs of children and young people and particularly those with disabilities.
- liaising with Harrow Council and other organisations that provide services for and support young people in Harrow.
- managing financial risks prudently.
- striving for excellence in all that we do and conducting our dealings within our organisation and with our funders, supporters and member organisations in an open and polite manner.
We acknowledge the support and vision of John Lyon’s Charity without which Young Harrow Foundation could not have come into existence.