ENGAGE – EMPOWER – TRANSFORM
Ignite Trust believes in the power of community. We build communities of change around young peoples’ interests and needs. We believe a healthy community draws people to itself, changes individuals and empowers them to impact their environment. Within these communities, positive relationships develop and barriers fall.
We engage young people aged 13 – 25 in our centres in Wealdstone, Rayners Lane and in Harrow Recreation Ground; three areas within Harrow reporting high levels of youth anti-social behaviour.
Through our work in these areas, we can target some services towards young people connected to local gangs and/or displaying high levels of anti-social and criminal behaviour. We believe in relational work with young people, building relationships of trust that permit challenge and ultimately transformation.
It is our desire to help and support young people in Harrow to reach their full potential.
Building a community with young people to ignite change.
Our youth workers are committed to journeying with young people, many of whom are at-risk, marginalised or face barriers to success in life.
The three stages of the journey may take years but we are about long-term commitment:
- Engagement: making meaningful contact with young people through activity and education-based programmes;
- Empowerment: challenging values and behaviour and equipping young people with the tools, resources and opportunities to make positive choices in their current situations;
- Transformation: supporting young people to change the direction of their lives away from negative influences and raising aspirations, set goals for the future and support them into long-term transformation.
- Listening to young people so that they inform our work;
- Offering projects that young people want to get involved in;
- Evaluating our work constantly, based on outcomes for the young people;
- Working holistically in 1:1 mentoring to set goals and overcome obstacles so that they have lifelong skills that work for them;
- Developing flexible small groups that respond to current issues for young people;
- Including young people from the diverse communities within Harrow;
- Working collaboratively with other organisations to make sure we have the best possible pathways for young people to take.
“Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom”
To find out more please visit Ignite web site by clicking the picture below…
Ignite Trust, 1A Headstone Drive, Wealdstone, HA3 5QX
020 8863 2089 or email@example.com