Day: SUNDAYS (click Calendar for term dates)
Time: 09.00 – 14:00
At: Nower Hill High School, George V Ave, Pinner, Middlesex HA5 5RP
We are an inclusive school, managed by a friendly committee of volunteers who aim to protect, and serve the needs of our students. We observe an equal opportunity policy – people of any: language, ethnic origin, colour, nationality and background are encouraged to join.
Our Mission is to achieve excellence; both in the services it provides and in the academic and artistic achievements and performances of our students.
Our aim is to:
Provide education for everyone who would like to embrace the Tamil culture and language, and the South Asian Fine Arts subjects.
Provide support to students in core National Curriculum subjects, especially for the children whose parents / guardians are unable to assist them with homework from their main school.
Enhance employability by teaching English, IT skills and sewing to adults.
Enhance quality of living and induce confidence by teaching Yoga, Karate and by holding health forums and offering Health screening.
Our Objective is to enrich the lives of students with culture, skills, confidence, knowledge on well being and to instil a sense of identity – important for self esteem and individuality – in our multicultural society.
About our school:
It is important to us that we work in partnership with our parents who encourage learning with homework.
- Friendly and informal environment; regular Parents, Students, Teachers and Management meetings.
- The students are trained by qualified and vastly experienced teachers (click Teachers for teachers’ profile) and tested annually by well recognised external exam bodies (click Subjects for further information)
- Every student takes part in at least two public performance a year.
- Progress reports and feedback is given to parents/ guardians.
- Annual prizes are awarded to the Best students in each subject.
- Many Fine Arts students have completed their Diplomas; these students are given an opportunity to teach at our school.
- Numerous Fine Art students have graduated and have had their debut public. performance – the Arengetram.
- Our Tamil (GCSE) students obtain the highest grade.
- The adult courses are designed to improve employability, enhance knowledge and enrich lives.
- We encourage cohesiveness of students and parents – we sing a unique school song (click Song) in the school assembly of students and parents.
- Enrolments for subjects take place from the first day each term (click Calendar for term dates)
For information about fees and further assistance, please email: email@example.com or ring : : 0795 638 6706
Over the last 35 years the association has trained hundreds of young people of all ages, from under 10s to under 19s in various indoor and outdoor sports activities. We provide coaching and conduct tournaments in cricket, football, and netball and organise sports meets where children and adults of all ages participate. we are proud that some of our past students have gone on to represent their Universities in the sport they trained in at TAB. We also enter various tournaments conducted by T.R.O, T.S.S.A and other tournaments in and outside of London. We also use these events to raise funds for charitable causes.
The athletic meet is held during the summer at an athletic sports ground; the events include track and field events. This is a fun filled, friendly competitive event enjoyed by families, with events for toddlers – over fifties. There are also other social activities for attendees where traditional activities are played such as sack race, tug of war, musical chairs and fancy dress.
We organise this event involving other community groups in and around London. We are proud to claim to be the first association to organise this sort of tournaments within the Tamil community. We attract over 30 clubs with all age groups participating in these and also take our teams to participate in, and won shields in, tournaments conducted by other organisations. We have great support for these tournaments from our sponsors, the Police and the Local Councils.